Green Tea Poached Chicken & Avocado Soba Noodle Bowls
Have with or without soup for a staple dish all year round!
A member of our #RedSealWhānau - Chelsea Shine, @shinedining
100g soba noodles
2 chicken breasts
2 Red Seal Green Tea Bags
2cm ginger, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
1 carrot, shredded
½ cup edamame pods, defrosted
½ avocado, sliced
handful of fresh herbs (basil, mint, coriander and/or spring onion)
1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
2 tablespoons fried shallots
- Cook the soba noodles as per the instructions on the pack and set aside.
- Add the chicken breasts to a medium pot along with the teabags, ginger and garlic. Add enough water to cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken has cooked through. Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and leave to slightly cool before slicing.
- For the dressing, mix soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked soba noodles, shredded carrot, edamame pods and dressing. Divide the salad into two serving bowls.
- Top with the sliced chicken and avocado. Finish with fresh herbs, sliced red chilli and fried shallots.
- Keep the poaching liquid to use as a broth and pour over your bowl to turn into a warming winter noodle soup.
- Use salmon fillets instead of chicken breast if you prefer or for a vegan option use cubes of tofu.