We cannot argue with our chronological age, but we can support our overall health by keeping our minds and body active. Here are five simple ways you can support your body – no anti-aging creams or surgery required!
1. Enhance sleep - Our bodies need sleep for rest and repair, but the pace of modern life often impacts our sleep patterns. Rather than relying on pharmaceutical aids, try a relaxing cup of herbal brew, an hour before you go to bed. If you reduce your screen time later in the evening, your body will be much more relaxed and ready for sleep. Switch your phone to flight mode if you use it as your alarm clock in your bedroom and to avoid it beeping all night and disturbing your sleep.
2. Look after your gut - The well-being of your gut is important to your overall health. Try lemon juice in warm water in the morning to kick start your digestive processes. Eat foods with “good bacteria” such as yoghurt and fermented foods like kombucha or add a probiotic to your daily health regime. When your digestive system is running smoothly, ideally you should feel less sluggish and more vital.
3. Add antioxidants - Oxidative damage is caused by free radicals, single-oxygen molecules that can negatively affect the tissues and other vital substances in your body. Antioxidants counteract the effects of free radicals, and one option is to drink some herbal brews and you can also get your fill of antioxidants by eating a rainbow of fruits and vegetables.
4. Support your skin - Dry skin looks older and less radiant. For more hydrated skin, drink lots of water. Herbal brews that are caffeine free are a great way to increase your hydration intake.
5. Keep active - Keeping your body moving is incredibly beneficial to your overall health. Add in some morning stretches to keep your body flexible. Sit cross legged on the floor and/or do a few yoga poses when watching TV to keep yourself moving. A simple walk in the fresh air helps clear the mind, bolster the immune system, flood the body with beneficial natural chemicals, increase energy, lower stress levels, and enhance self-esteem.
Treat your body like a gorgeous temple and give it love, beautiful fresh food, fresh air, hydration and keep moving.